When it comes to longevity, consistency and robust workplace solutions nobody beats Workrite Ergonomics. The reason I make this statement is due to the fact you can virtually order table top widths from 34″ wide to 84″ wide by either 24″ or 30″ deep. With its height range varying from 22″ to 48″ make the Sierra HX ANSI/BIFMA certified which is a positive for large corporate that need to meet these requirements.
Cost & Availability: Sierra HX Base Only Starts at: $1,169.40 Desk Base & Worksurface Starts at: $1,375.80
– Hidden crossbar design provides optimum knee clearance and under worksurface access
– Electric control with 3 memory pre-sets
– Height range: 22″– 48″
– Travel Speed 1.6″ per second
– Lifting capacity: 2-leg, 225 lbs.; 3-leg, 300 lbs.
– Max Power Draw: 120 V, 60 Hz, 2.9 A (2-leg) 5 A (3-leg)
– Standby power is 0.1W
– Available in 24 worksurface styles in over 60 laminate options including slender Silhouette worksurfaces
– Available in silver or charcoal finish
– LEED credit eligibility:
– Materials and resources credit 4.2
– Recycled content: 20% (post-consumer + ½ pre-consumer) (2 points)
– Innovation in design, credit 1.1-1.4 (1-4 points)
– Implementation of comprehensive ergonomic program
– Standby power is 0.1W
– Values shown for LEED range are for laminate versions; all base-only models contain at least 25% LEED
– Silhouette worksurface made from GREENGUARD® certified
Workrite warrants to the original purchaser that the products it manufactures are free from
defects in design, material and workmanship. Subject to the limitations below, Workrite
warrants each product in this catalog to be free from material defects in materials and
workmanship for the life of the product. With prompt written notice, Workrite will repair or
replace, free of charge, any product, part or component which fails under normal use as a
result of such defect.
The following exceptions to the limited lifetime warranty apply:
• All worksurfaces are warranted for 5 years.
• Electric components, motors and manual crank mechanisms are limited to 5 years.
The Elevate II by Antho falls between the mid to higher-end tier desk base. Even though it travels at a quick 1.7″ per second, while generating a moderate 68db (decibel) noise level (not quiet, but not grinding loud).
One of our major concerns with this desk is that when we do ergonomic assessments for our corporate clientele there are so many people that are having to type at an awkward posture because their workstation is too high for them. The Elevate II desk travels between 28″ and 47″ which is not low enough for a very large workforce. In an ideal situation you should be typing at an “L” shape, thus your elbow should line up with your keyboard. based on a standard chair cylinder & seat pan height 28″ desk is good for someone between 5’10” and 6’2″ tall. Anyone shorter will need to buy a keyboard tray. Our secondary concern is that the weight capacity is rated for 150 lbs, which folks with numerous monitors, a CPU holder etc, can come close to the limit fairly easy.
We do like the feature of the cable tray for cable management and the “Tilt & Go” wheels that makes it easier to move if needed.
Cost: Starting at $1,088 at Global Industries
• 28” to 47″ electric height adjustability range
• Travel speed is 1.7” per second
• 150 lbs distributed load bearing capacity per table (including work-surface)
• Available in two widths (48″ and 60″) and two depths (23.25″ and 29″) to fit your equipment and your space.
• “Tilt and go” wheels at the back of each foot make it easy to move the table when you need to rearrange your space or access the back of your equipment. Just lift the front of the work-surface and roll the table into place.
Lifetime Warranty against manufacturing defects on the table; two-year warranty on legs and electrical system. Cords and plugs are not warranted
– They have very nice customer service people at Anthro.
– The travel speed is above the standard
– Too expensive to compete with the new technology and features coming out in 2014.
– Lowest setting is 28″ (too high for a large number of the workforce).
Series 7 Standing Desk is one of the premier height adjustable desks from the Details division of Steelcase. Steelcase is one of the leading contract furniture manufacturers and have placed this desk into a number of large corporate accounts, such as Chevron and Intel.
This desk is a very sturdy desk which offers some of the following functionality:
Performance & Specifications:
• 24-1/4” to 52” electric height adjustability range
• Travel speed is 1.7” per second
• 360 lbs. (2-leg) to 540 lbs. (3-leg) distributed load bearing capacity per table (including worksurface)
• Lifting columns controlled by central control box to ensure synchronization
• Soft stop motor eliminates abrupt starts and stops
• Electrical – 120V, 60Hz, Single phase, 10% duty cycle. May draw 5 amps maximum under full load, idle current is typically 20mA.
• All assemblies meet or exceed ANSI/BIFMA standards
• More than just a worksurface; add the rightworktools and it becomes a fully adjustable workstation
• 3-stage synchronized lifting columns with integral shrouding
• Height adjustability options include: up/down activation buttons, three programmable pre-sets (default) and three programmable pre-sets with digital display
• Infinite height adjustment within the range
• 2.5” diameter glides have 25/32” of height adjustment for surface leveling on uneven floors Worksurface Construction:
• Core is 45 pound particle board
• Surface is High Pressure Laminate
• Available in the Steelcase Universal Table and Urethane Profile styles
• Universal style edge finish is specified separately from laminate color
• Urethane profile style is edge banded on the back and side to match the urethane finish on the
front (user’s) edge.
• Reinforced where necessary with steel bars
• Available in Rectangular, 90° and 120° Corner configurations
• Available in 23” and 29” depths in Rectangular; 23” only in 90° and 120°
• Maximum standard table size is 140 linear inches (based on a 90° 70” x 70” x 23” table)
• Worksurfaces have pre-drilled mounting holes for the base
• Worksurfaces can have an optional keyboard support mounted
• Worksurfaces have a 1”gap between rear and panel face for clearance and cable access
• Wire management is available
• All standard Steelcase laminates supported (see Details SpecGuide for a full list)
• Open line laminates are available
• Universal worksurfaces are SCS Indoor Advantage™ certified for indoor air quality
– Very sturdy design
– Fast travel speed
– 24.75″ to 52″ distance is ideal for large installations (meets standards for most people 5’3″ to 6’7″ tall)
– PRICE! Very Expensive. There are a number of desk bases comparable that almost 1/2 the cost.
Available at the following locations:
Online – http://www.steelcase.com/en/shop/shop-online/pages/main.aspx
Retail – http://www.steelcase.com/en/shop/shop-retail/pages/main.aspx